“Urban Funk Necklace”
By Norma Melton
Make up to a 24” Necklace
Skill Level: Dexterity is necessary & wire wrapping experience is helpful.
Create the edgy, industrial-chic necklace with WireKnitZ® wire mesh and learn how to make organically manipulated corrugated wire cold connections. Color photographs and detailed written instructions will demonstrate each phase of making this necklace and various closure options, cleaning, and patinating tips, keeping your Artwear safe and sound.
The kit contains:
- 2 – 9 inch #4004 Stainless Steel Coarse Knit WireKnitZ® knitted wire mesh – I recommend using #4004 Stainless Steel WireKnitZ® for the clasp eye because it is an uncoated, sturdy bare wire.
- 1 – 9 inch #5000 Series Medium Knit WireKnitZ®
- 22 1/2-Ft. 20 gauge craft wire (35-Ft. Spool in the kit)
- A tutorial that includes detailed written and photographed instructions.
Tools & Supplies you will need:
- Scissors for cutting WireKnitZ®
- Heavy Duty Tube Wringer for corrugating round craft wire
- 1/4 to 3/4-inch diameter hard dowel approx. 12-inches long – See dowel substitute at right.
- Wire Cutters
- Round Nose Pliers
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Large Wrap and Tap 13-16-20mm Pliers or approx. 13mm dowel
- Small Wrap and Tap 5-7-10mm Pliers or use round nose pliers
- 1-inch wide Painters Tape or Artist Tape
- 2 – T-Pins
- Measuring Tape – min. 5 ft.
- Tablecloth or soft surface
- Safety Glasses
Item: Urban Funk Necklace Kit – Black
Urban Funk Necklace Kit – Black
Item: Urban Funk Necklace Kit – Copper
Urban Funk Necklace Kit – Copper
Item: Urban Funk Necklace Kit – Brown
Urban Funk Necklace Kit – Brown
The Urban Funk Necklace tutorial is printed in full color on single-sided, high quality, 8 ½ x 11” paper. There are eight pages of written instruction with step-by-step photographs, cleaning tips, and storage suggestions. We ship in a USPS Priority Mail cardboard envelope to arrive in perfect condition.
Item: Urban Funk Necklace Tutorial
Urban Funk Necklace Tutorial
To customize your necklace, you will need the following: